F.M. Marine Services Ltd
What We Do
What We Do
- Murphy Marine Services is a friendly, family run boatyard on the South West Coast of Ireland.
- We have a private slip for retrieving and launching boats up to 40 tonnes and a huge area for winter storage that is well protected from the elements. Your boat is safe with us. You will have lots of space around your boat to work on. Since we developed special boat storage cradles hauling and storing boats can be done very fast.
- We also have a complete maintenance facility on site with all the necessary equipment and tools. You can just store your boat or have it completely serviced by our skilled crew. Our services help you improve your boating experience so you can fully enjoy your craft.
- Skilled mechanics can service your engine.
- We have a well-organised chandlery with a stock that is thought out to provide you with those critical and common spare parts and fittings. This will decrease your waiting time and you will be back on the water fast. We have a dense network of suppliers with a swift delivery service that you can benefit from for the less common parts.
- Murphy Marine Services Ltd also has a large new building facility where new Cygnus boats are built. The sheds can be completely closed off and provide a controlled environment for building new boats or do refits. We have well trained carpenters, electricians and people that can weld stainless steel and normal steel.
- Fionan Murphy and his work force have years of experience and they are always happy to provide you the necessary advice and assistance.
- Contact us, inform us, give us the key of your boat and we will fix it….it is that simple!
Sheltered, safe, winter storage for your sailing or motor yacht. We have specially developed cradles to store your boat fast and safe. Electricity and water are available on site. We can power wash your boat before we store it.
Murphy Marine Services Ltd is capable of catering for dry repairs of boats up to 60ft. We are able to offer a range of services and this also includes engine overhauls. All work is carried out to the highest standards. We have professional boat sprayers, marine electricians, boat carpenters and experienced welders working for us.
On site expert craftsmen can maintain, repair and prepare your yacht for the new season. We also do accident and damage repair. We work closely together with insurance agents and marine surveyors.
We have a long history of refits and fitting outs. We have done refits on fishing vessels and private yachts. Clients have entrusted us with their new build kits that we have completed to their satisfaction. We do this for professional fishermen and for the leisure market.
We build the famous Cygnus boat range. All our boats are bespoke and built to customers' specification. Our range consists of the Halfish 24, Cygnus Cyclone 26/30/31-35 and the Cyfish 33-39. We specialize in Fishing Boats, Yacht Sport Fisherman, Patrol Boats, Passenger vessels and Charter Vessels. We also work for government bodies. Our projects are original and diverse. Quality and customer satisfaction are always our top priorities.
We have been providing dedicated customer service. Whether you’re looking to purchase a new, used boat or sell one, we can help. We can have your boat surveyed and have it advertise on our web site.
We have a well thought out chandlery in the yard so we can provide you with key spare parts in a short time. If it is critical, we have it.
Murphy Marine Service - Profile Presentation
Murphy Marine Services began trading as a limited company on 1st March 2007. The new Company F.M. Marine Services Limited continued to trade under the Murphy Marine Services name. Managing director Mr. Fionan Murphy had already been operating as a sole trader from his premises in Ballymanagh, Valentia, Co. Kerry for the previous six years offering full boat yard services to local and regional customers.
Fionan’s experience has always been connected with the marine industry; qualifying as a Marine Fitter at the Institute of Technology in Limerick; He went on to acquire further qualifications in Marine Engine Service and Maintenance at the Institute of Technology in Cork and completed a four-year apprenticeship as a Marine Fitter.
Working for several years as a yard foreman, Fionan supervised a skilled workforce comprising of several different trades. He accumulated considerable knowledge and skills of all trades and materials with experience in steel and alloy fabrication, woodwork, laminating and moulding in GRP, engine installation electrics and hydraulics. After several large fit out and repair jobs Fionan was keen to establish his own product and was delighted when the opportunity presented itself to buy the prestigious Cygnus Cyclone 30 and the Halfish 24 moulds. This now, enabled the yard to build a range of vessels from 24 to 30 feet. The first vessel completed was a Halfish 24, which was taken to the Galway Work Boat Show in February 2009. Shortly after this, the orders started to come in and the construction side of the business began to increase. Vessels have been delivered to customers in Ireland, England, Scotland, Belgium, and Holland, France and even as far away as Greece.
The Company then purchased the very well known Cygnus Cyfish Moulds and shortly after this purchased the moulds to build the Cyclone 31/35 which extended the product range of the boatyard. The yard can now produce a comprehensive range of high quality vessels with a reputation which is second to none. To further enhance the businesses profile the company formed an alliance with the very experienced Captain Brian Vandenberghe from Antwerp. Brian’s experience, knowledge and flair for detail have provided a very valuable outside perspective to the yard. Brian handles all the sales from his base in Antwerp and indeed makes several trips to the yard in Valentia each year. The yard has now commenced a development project which will increase its production capacity to meet with the growing demand for the full range of different sized vessels reaching throughout the entire European market.