The Cyclone 31/35 is intended for use as a fast workboat with applications for passengers, chartering, commercial fishing, angling, survey, patrol and leisure use. The standard forward control wheelhouse has been designed along the lines of the original Cyclone 30.
It can be extended for other applications like the charter & workboat market. The vessel has the typical Cygnus construction and performance for the demanding offshore use. The foredeck and ring deck are cored constructions for strength and stiffness. The combination of dead rise and a more gradual forefoot will cut down on slamming and give a more comfortable ride.
The Cyclone’s 3.8m moulded beam, with the addition of the familiar wing type chines carried right below the waterline, provide very high stability for this class of vessel, at rest or on the plane and this model competes with catamaran boats. The wide deep V hull provides great buoyancy enabling it to carry a good load without excessive increase in draft and loss of freeboard.
Most commercial operators prefer a single engine, with protection for the propeller behind a full-length keel and enclosed skeg/rudder. With either single or twin diesel engines, usually straight shaft drives, a maximum speed of 25 knots is achievable with a comfortable cruising speed of 14-18 knots.
|Length Overall||9.45 m – 10.67 m||31-35 ft|
|Beam||3.80 m||12.47 ft|
|Draft||1.1 m||3.61 ft|
|Air draft (Waterline to top of mast)||3.50 m||11.48 ft|
|Displacement *||4.5 tons –5.5 tons|
|Berths (Depending engine weight/interior layout)||2- 4 or 6|
|Engine recommendation (Single)||330 - 600 HP / 246 – 441 KW|
|Engine recommendation (Twin)||2 x 225-300 HP / 2 x 168 - 224 KW|
|Top Speed Range||46.3 km/h||25 knots|
|Fuel consumption (25 knots)||3.20 l/nm||0.704 Gal/nm|
|Maximum cruising range/time||180 nm – 454 nm||7 hrs – 18 hrs|
|Maximum load||2500 kg||3307 Pounds|
|CE category||B-offshore (CE) /Seafish||B-offshore (CE)/ Seafish|
|Fuel tank||650 – 1200 litres||171 – 317 Gallons|
|Water Capacity||100 – 250 litres||22 – 55 Gallons|
|Septic Tank||40 – 110 litres||8.8 – 24.2 Gallons|
|Battery||3 x 100 AH - 12 V/24 V|
- Heavy duty Cyclone 31-335 FC to colour of customer’s choice.
- Engine: Iveco NEF 450 marine engine driving through a Twin Disc 5061A marine gearbox 2:1.
- Engine cooling system via through hull seacock and quality raw water filter system.
- Engine instrumentation and controls mounted in wheelhouse
- Electrics supplied by single heavy-duty 12volt battery via heavy duty Vetus isolation switch wired to 5-gang switch panel in wheelhouse.
- • Second heavy-duty 12volt starting battery
- Converters 300 and 1200 W Victron
- Four bladed bronze propeller on a 45mm 316 Stainless Steel propeller shaft.
- Stainless Steel rudder and rudder support skeg with bearing connected with Vetus Hydraulic steering system with Stainless Steel steering wheel.
- 650lt Aluminium Fuel tank complete with filler through deck or on Gunwale connected to engine via quality pre fuel filter system.
- Fully enclosed FC wheelhouse finished in white Gel coat and fitted with aluminium framed marine windows and wheelhouse door. Sill height 300 mm. Window are clear glass.
- Standard Cyclone flush deck with full size deck hatch (coaming height 300mm) over engine finished in light grey non-slip deck paint.
- Emergency bilge pump: Single Jabsco water puppy bilge pump fitted in engine room and fish hold controlled from wheelhouse through an on/off/auto switch.
- Manual bilge pump serving both spaces
- Two disc anodes fitted to rudder and 1 x large hull anode fitted and wired as necessary.
- All round D-Fendering fitted at joint of Gunwale and hull
- Name of vessel on bow x 2 and on the stern of the vessel
- Hull anti fouled with one layer of anti-fouling under waterline complete with boot top stripe.
- Navigation lights.
- One deck light.
- Deck hardware to include 1 Stem fairlead/bow roller, 1 x heavy-duty bow bollard and 2 x stern bollards, all stainless steel.