The CYGNUS GM32 was conceived as a multi-purpose costal fishing vessel, built in GRP, and has proven to be a classic design, and the recognised standard for costal fishermen. Every craft is constructed carefully in accordance with the needs of each individual skipper, to suit his particular style of fishing or methods of working.
They can be built to the requirements of most classifications and have in the past years been surveyed and approved by BIM, SFIA, DTp, Lloyds, IMD, Crown Agents, FAO and others Features include a modern round bilge , heavy displacement design providing excellent stability characteristics, good cargo carrying capacity and spacious deck working area. The hull is easily driven and needs only relatively low power to achieve a very economic performance.
Over 200 of these craft have been completed (since 1974) and they are in action around the world. They have been supplied to Burma, Sri Lanka, Iceland, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Seychelles, Rwanda and nearly every fishing port in the British Isles, proving that this design has won international acceptance and approval. This vessel can be supplied at any stage of completion.
|Air draft (Waterline to top of mast)||3.00 m||9.84 ft|
|Displacement *||10 tons|
|Berths (Depending engine weight/interior layout)||2- 4 or 6|
|Fuel Capacity||900 - 1150 litres||200 - 250 galls|
|Engine Power||75-115 kw||100 - 155 hp|
|Gearbox Reduction||2.5:1 - 4:1|
|Top Speed Range||17kph||9 knots|
|Static Bollard Pull||1.2 - 1.5 tons|
|Carrying Capacity||6.5 tons|
- Heavy duty Cygnus GM 32 to colour of customer’s choice.
- Engine: Iveco N67 220 HP marine engine driving through a PRM1000 Marine gearbox.
- Engine cooling system via through hull seacock and quality raw water filter system.
- Engine instrumentation and controls mounted in wheelhouse.
- Electrics supplied by single heavy-duty 12volt battery via heavy duty Vetus isolation switch wired to 5-gang switch panel in wheelhouse.
- Second heavy-duty 12volt starting battery.
- Four bladed bronze propeller on a 45mm 316 Stainless Steel propeller shaft.
- Stainless Steel rudder and rudder support skeg with bearing connected with Vetus Hydraulic steering system with Stainless Steel steering wheel.
- 450lt Aluminium Fuel tank complete with filler through deck or on Gunwale connected to engine via quality pre fuel filter system.
- Fully enclosed Forward wheelhouse finished in white Gel coat and fitted with aluminium framed marine windows and wheelhouse door. Sill height 300 mm. Window are clear glass.
- Standard GM32 flush deck with full size deck hatch (coaming height 300mm) over engine and hold finished in light grey non-slip deck paint.
- Emergency bilge pump: Single Jabsco water puppy bilge pump fitted in engine room and fish hold controlled from wheelhouse through an on/off/auto switch.
- Manual bilge pump serving both spaces.
- Two disc anodes fitted to rudder and 1 x large hull anode fitted and wired as necessary.
- All round Wooden Gunwale.
- Name of vessel on bow x 2 and on the stern of the vessel.
- Hull anti fouled with one layer of anti-fouling under waterline complete with boot top stripe.
- Navigation lights
- One deck light.
- Deck hardware to include 1 x heavy-duty bow bollard and 2 x stern bollards, all stainless steel.